Gulf Power, in partnership with the Florida SBDC at UWF, has decided to fund a second round
of the Northwest Florida Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant Program. Gulf Power will
fund the grant with a contribution of $300,000. The maximum grant amount is $5,000. Each
applicant OR business can only receive one grant. The Florida SBDC at UWF will process
COMPLETE application packets for eligible for-profit businesses; a third-party review board
will review applications for approval; and UWF will distribute the appropriate funds to
businesses who have been awarded the grant. The review board will confirm eligibility, and
approve the award of grant funding to each applicant on a case-by-case basis using the
parameters listed below. The COVID-19 Grant is intended to assist for-profit businesses, located
in select Northwest Florida counties, by addressing their immediate cash flow needs as a result of
demonstrated economic injury due to COVID-19.
Please note, if you applied for the first round of funding, did not receive a grant, and meet the
eligibility requirements for the second round of funding, you are welcome to apply during the
second round. Existing applications will not be considered. Prior recipients are ineligible.
IN ORDER TO QUALIFY YOUR BUSINESS MUST BE:
1. A for-profit, privately-held small business that maintains a place of business in select
Northwest Florida Counties and was established on, or before January 1, 2019. Eligible
Northwest Florida Counties include Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Holmes,
Jackson, Washington, Calhoun, and Bay. Establishment is determined by registration
with the Florida Department of State (“SunBiz”), either as an entity or registered
fictitious name. For sole proprietorships that do not require a fictitious name, other
sources such as county/city business tax receipts and/or federal tax returns can be used as
2. Your business must have been profitable in 2019 as indicated in tax returns or financial
3. The business must have a demonstrated reduction in sales revenues of 25% or more due to the
loss of business income related to COVID-19. Applicant must provide written
justification and documented evidence of economic loss or injury caused by the declared
disaster, e.g. sales reports or income statements from a previous year compared to the
4. The business must be a small business with 11 to 29 employees. The number of employees will be
verified using employer documentation (Form W-3, Form 941, or 1099s). Please note, if
submitting Form 1099, we will only accept 1099s written out to individual employees,
not other businesses.
The window for submission of applications will open on June 8 at 8:00 am CDT, and will be
closed on June 12 at 5:00 pm CDT. Please ensure that you have submitted a COMPLETED
application package before the deadline. Applications will be available for download beginning
June 1, but PLEASE NOTE applications sent in before June 8 at 8:00 am CDT will not be
A complete application package will consist of the following:
• A completed grant application form, which can be obtained
• 2019 Business Tax Return (If 2019 has not been filed, a 2018 tax return AND full-year 2019
Profit and Loss Statement must be submitted).
• Profit & Loss Statements (P&L) for April 2019 and April 大运河彩票. In the absence of P&L, you
may also submit Point of Sale (POS) or other sales reports.
• Employer Form 941(Q1 大运河彩票), IRS Form W3 (2019) or Form 1099.
• A copy of the primary applicant(s) driver’s license(s).
• Any other documentation supporting your claimed economic loss such as a lost/canceled
orders report or evidence of customer refunds.
Note: Your application package will not be accepted unless it is complete. Please fill out the
entire application form carefully and ensure that all your supporting documents are attached.
Steps to apply for the grant:
1. Visit and submit a request for consulting. Remember to identify “NWF
COVID-19 Grant” by name in the request form. Only those registered and receiving
emails will receive information regarding program status.
2. Email your application package to [email protected]
3. Applications will be accepted as of the time and date when a complete application package has
been received. Eligible and completed applications are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. If enough completed applications are received to exhaust grant funds, those
applicants who submitted incomplete applications will not be contacted for revision.
4. A decision to award the grant will be made after the acceptance deadline has passed. Only
those applicants who were awarded the grant will be notified.